We recommend you first use the app by playing a game by yourself and getting to know the app a bit.
To help you create your first game, we have provided a very detailed tutorial below. It looks like a lot, but it only takes seconds to get a game going. If you have any questions or run into any problems, please post a question to the forum or contact us.
1. Select “New Game” from the main screen as shown below:
2. From the New Game screen, select the first option, “Enter Game Title”.
3. Enter a name for your golf game as shown in the figure below:
After you enter the name of the game, you will be returned to the New Game screen.
4. From the New Game screen, select the second option, “Enter Date”. You will be presented with the Game Date/Time Entry Screen as shown below. Set the date and time of your game and then press “Set”
5. When you click on “Set” to set the date and time, you will return to the main New Game screen. Now, it is time to select the golf course where you will play. Press “Select Golf Course”. The Golf Course Selection screen will be displayed and it will default to a list of any courses that you have marked as favorites. An example of this screen is shown below:
To find a golf course, select the “All Courses” tab and enter the name of the golf course that you will play in the search field, then press the search icon. Striker Golf GPS will search the database and find any courses that match the search criteria, as shown in the example below:
After you select a course, Striker Golf GPS will prompt you with your choice of tees and ask you to identify whether you are playing 9 or 18 holes (if the course is an 18-hole golf course). Make your selections and press “Next”. An example of this screen is shown below:
6. The next step is to select the type of game you want to play. Press “Select Game Type” from the main screen and the app will display the Select Game Type screen as shown below:
Since you are setting this game up to play alone, press the “Play by Myself” option. The app will then return you to the main New Game screen with all of the data completed, as shown below:
7. Press the “Done” button on the screen above and you have built your first game.